Thank you for your interest in the activities of The Gardner School of Arts & Sciences’ Board of Trustees.
The Gardner School is a non-profit organization governed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees whose role includes strategic planning, financial oversight, and setting broad school policy. The Gardner Board also hires the Head of School to serve as the chief executive officer. Comprised of unpaid volunteers, the Gardner Board includes current parents, alumni parents, community members, and friends of the school. The Board meets once a month and, unless otherwise noted on the schedule, meetings are open to members of the school community.
Guidelines for Board Meetings.
To allow these meetings to run smoothly, we request that guests respect the following:
During Board Meetings-
- Trustees have a business agenda to discuss, such that they are not able to engage in unscheduled discussions or topics.
- If you have an issue that you would like to discuss with the Board, please contact the Chair by noon on the Friday prior to the scheduled Board meeting. At that time, the Chair can determine whether sufficient time exists on the agenda for the issue to be brought before the Board. Please see below for a follow-up opportunity each month (after each meeting) to discuss agenda topics directly with Board members.
- At times, the Board may go into closed Executive Session and excuse all guests from the meeting. Executive Sessions are usually short and, as soon as these sessions are finished, guests will be invited back into the room as the meeting continues.
- Additionally, some Board meetings may have agenda items that, due to their confidential nature, will be reserved for discussion in a closed Executive Session after the public portion of the Board meeting. This standard board procedure takes place monthly. So the Board can start Executive Session quickly, we ask guests to leave the Farmhouse as soon as the open meeting is over. Conversations between guests are welcome to continue on the Farmhouse porch or in the parking lot.
- All discussions and documents shared at the meeting are to be treated with confidentiality.
We look forward to seeing you!
Kevin Fischer, Interim Board Chair
Anamaria Call, Vice-Chair
Aaron Christian, Treasurer and Chair of Finance Committee
Paula Savage, Secretary
CLICK HERE for past Board Minutes