The Gardner School of Arts & Sciences is a wonderfully busy place and Gardner families play a pivotal role in ensuring that all that “busyness” is beautifully choreographed. You, our volunteers, work hard throughout the year to set up, take down, clean up, plant, weed, clean, start on time, chaperone, and drive, drive, drive. In short, you do whatever needs doing for us and we deeply appreciate your support.
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
- Drive on a field trip and drive on a field trip and drive on a field trip again!
- Build the set for the school musical. Make costumes, be in charge of make-up, chaperone backstage, assist with rehearsals, or feed hungry students and volunteers.
- Serve on a committee – volunteers welcome on the Development Committee, the Marketing Committee and the Grants Committee.
- Run an after-school club, or volunteer to lead an Open Choice class.
- Serve on the PTO. Attend PTO meetings or be a class rep, a PTO officer, a member of the Harvest Festival or help with the Lasting Impact Project or any of the countless other PTO activities.
- Help in the classroom – photocopy materials, support reading groups, share your hobby.
- Commit to joining us on Sweat Equity Day and Earth Day and help us with weeding and planting, spreading bark dust and mulch, cleaning and managing the many different parts of our beautiful campus.
If you planning on volunteering at The Gardner School, please fill out a Consent for Background Check. (In order to keep our records up to date we need ALL volunteers to fill out a new Consent for Background Check.)
Click here to get a pdf of our Volunteer Background Check Form. Once you have printed off and filled it out. Please return it to the front office.